Are you an organisation that wants to put much-needed funds directly into your community or network?
Crowdfunder and Power to Change are hosting a session for anyone who wants to find out more about crowdfunding, the positive impacts of ‘match-funding’ and how it can help organisations, councils and more to directly benefit their community and the nation.
Crowdfunder and Power to Change have collaborated over the last year to deliver Community Business Crowdmatch which has supported over 30 community businesses to grow and innovate as part of their recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. These organisations have all benefited from utilising a tried and tested approach to engaging their communities, through offering rewards linked to their trading activity to incentivise giving.
Date: 7 July
Match funding – what is it?
Organisations are supported through expert crowdfunding help, as they run their crowdfunding campaign, which is boosted along the way through a pledge from a funder.
Matched crowdfunding enables funders to amplify the value of their investments, strengthen resilience in the communities they serve and support ‘people-led’ projects.
The session will also feature speakers from:
- Sport England – who have been using matched crowdfunding at scale over the past year to support over 400 sports clubs through the COVID-19 crisis with their Active Together programme.
- Sovereign Housing – their Sovereign Communities match fund is supporting organisations based in and around their housing stock delivering against a range of key outcomes for the housing association.
- Wigan Council – working together with communities to create a better borough, Crowdfund Wigan has helped solve some of the biggest social problems in the community.
- Welcome and introductions
- An overview of matched crowdfunding
- How crowdfunding is helping different funder’s increase their impact
What to expect
The workshop will be in the format of a live, interactive webinar, hosted by Crowdfunder. While the main content for the event will be covered in 40 minutes, we will make time available at the end for the Q&A, during which you will be able to ask questions via an online chat facility.